Hirosaki Castle was built during Edo era, in 1611, by the daimyo Nobuhira Tsugaru. This is a fortress known for its some 2.600 cherry trees standing all around the estate. In its dungeon, the view from the Gejo-bashi bridge which spreads over the moats is the most famous cliché of this place. The estate’s other parts gather to become the big public park of Hirosaki. However, the dungeon has recently been moved to a few meters away and no longer overhangs the moats, because the stone foundations are currently being strenghened for several years.